Thursday, February 16, 2006

Brokeback Bandwagon

Willie Nelson has come out, sort of. A song that was written back in the 80's and recorded by Nelson was featured on Howard Stern's radio show this past Tuesday. The song, titled Cowboys Are Frequently, Secretly (Fond Of Each Other), contains lyrics such as, 'What did you think all them saddles and boots was about?' and 'Inside every cowboy there's a lady who'd love to slip out.' The song is available through itunes and while I have not yet heard the song, I do have to wonder why it couldn't have just been called Closet Cowboys or Closet Encounters of a Cowboy Kind?

I kind of like Kelly Clarkson and there's something about one of her songs, Because Of You, that I really like. Maybe it's the music, I don't know but I do know I don't like the words. Because Of You I'm crying. Because Of You I can't find a meaningful relationship. Because Of You I don't take chances and I never leave the house. Blah, Blah, Blah. I'm exaggerating (juuuuuuusssst a little bit) but that's the theme of the song. Yes, Kel, we've all got problems now why don't you just move on. Oooh, I'm so bitchy today.

paul

No comments: