Saturday, February 11, 2006

the end of the quest....for now

One year ago this month I began something that I had never done; watching all of the pictures (that I had never seen) that won an acting Academy award or the Best Picture or Best Director award. There were quite a few of them and it started because I didn't realize that Mercedes Ruehl had won an Academy Award. I thought if I'm going to be an Oscar buff then I really need to bone up. The categories that I really care about are the major ones. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the whole awards show and seeing the other winners, however, there's something exciting about seeing the actors win and seeing which picture is crowned the Queen of the Ball. Of the 305 movies that won either an acting award, best pic or best director, since 1927, I had not seen 153 of them. I have seen all but 13 of them. Those 13 are movies I have not been able to find at a video store, at the library, or on cable. I may get lucky and get a chance to see them but as of yet my viewing of past Oscar winning movies is unfinished.

paul

No comments: