Saturday, February 18, 2006

Neil Entwistle, the man accused of killing his wife and 9-month-old daughter, has finally been arrested and will be arraigned on two counts of murder. Neil's DNA was found on the grip of the grip of the .22 handgun and his wife Rachel's DNA was found on the muzzle. Apparently he tried to return the gun to the home of his step-father-in-law. That sounds eerily like a scene out of Woody Allen's movie Match Point. In the movie Jonathan Rhys-Meyers's character shoots Scarlett Johansson's character with a gun from his father-in-law's gun cabinet and then secretly returns the gun to its place. Anyway, it's about time Entwistle was arrested because who, really, who finds their wife and daughter murdered and then hops a plane to England instead of calling 911?

In other news.....Damn Locke from the tv show Lost. Why did he have to put the numbers into the computer? As it is, we got to see, although briefly, what happened when the numbers weren't put in right away. A series of hieroglyphs came up and after doing a search (ok, my spouse did the search) of what the symbols mean we came up with the phrase "cause to die." What that is supposed to mean remains unclear but kudos to the writers and creators of Lost for concocting another head scratching/frustrating mystery. And we thought they would drop the ball in the second season.

I went to see the movie Date Movie just because Alyson "Willow from Buffy" Hannigan was in it (I like her) and because the trailer made me laugh out loud. During the movie I laughed out loud only twice (the same two scenes from the trailer? Are you kidding me?) and I chuckled about 5 or 6 times. Anyway, the film is a spoof of romantic comedy movies in the same vein as the Scary Movie films (those are spoofs of, duh, scary movies). Some of the movies that are spoofed are Pretty Woman, What Women Want, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Napoleon Dynamite, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, and Hitch to name just a few. The sight gags, a few of them truly gross, hardly ever stop and I just kept asking myself, 'what's the point?' Anyway, this proves that I'm not a movie snob because if I was I would not even admit to seeing this movie.

peace out,

paul

No comments: