Sunday, February 20, 2005

adapted screenplay

Adapted Screenplay or in my opinion; the unoriginal category. I am a sucker for an original story but many adapted screenplays have been wonderful. Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf, About A Boy, Driving Miss Daisy, and The English Patient, just to name a few.

This year's picks:

Before Sunset: Two lovers meet up once again. The sequel to Before Sunrise, directed by Richard Linklater. Didn't get a chance to see it. Won't win.

Finding Neverland: The story of how J.M. Barrie was inspired to create Peter Pan. From Allan Knee's play. Wonderful film with amazing performances. Should Win

Million Dollar Baby: Adapted from F.X. Toole's story titled Rope Burns, this movie has one good thing going for it: the fight scenes. Didn't read the story, saw the film. Won't win.

The Motorcycle Diaries: The thrilling and touching story of how a young and pre revolutionary Che Guevara traveled across Latin America. Adapted from Jose Rivera's story about how the adventure defined who Ernesto "Che" Guevara became.

Sideways: Alexander Payne's adaptation of Rex Pickett's story of two guys who go on a last hurrah in wine country. Will Win

My pick of who should win is who I would like to see win. Trying to guess who will win the Oscar is half the fun for me. I can only hope that my fav will win.

p

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo out of it. I have not seen one of the movies nominated and haven't even heard of several of them. I am always so far behind the rest of the world! I need a life....

Love ~D