Monday, February 07, 2005

Sunday

Here it is Sunday night, the night of the Super Bowl, and we're not watching it. Jim and I are not sports people. Instead of watching the Super Bowl, we watched a very funny and compelling movie titled Seducing Dr. Lewis. Released last year, this French-Canadian movie tells the story of a city doctor who, as part of his probation for speeding and drugs, has to be doctor to a very small fishing village for a month. The villagers, all simple people, set about tapping his phone, eavesdropping on him, and telling him what he wants to hear, all to seduce him into signing to be their doctor (permanently) so they can build a factory for more jobs. It's a touching movie and thought-provoking. Are they right to deceive him just to get something they want? I laughed out loud more than a few times (which very few movies can make me do). I highly recommend it. It was filmed in Harrington Harbor in Quebec. Don't let the subtitles scare you off, it's a wonderful movie. And Jim really liked it too.

I'm still trying to figure out how to use this digital camera. Jim, my spouse, got me one for my birthday and, while I think the camera is great, it's a bit frustrating trying to figure out all of the functions. My mind is not mechanical or technical and it takes me a long time to grasp those areas. I'm still learning things on the computer whereas Jim can just sit and and....blooop, he's figured something out or fixed what was wrong. He's truly amazing that way.

Well that's all for now. I'll write more soon. I wonder if anyone even reads this.....


love,

p

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course people read this!

~Donna

jackaranda said...

I read your Blog, and I enjoy reading it a lot.
I feel the same as you, I dont think anyone reads mine!