Sunday, February 13, 2005

Sunday

Welcome to another awards night. Tonight is the Grammy Awards, older than the Tony Awards but not quite as old as the Oscars. Growing up, I used to watch all of the awards shows: Grammys, Tonys, Emmys, Golden Globes, and of course the Academy Awards. Now, however, I like to try and keep up on the winners of the awards shows but I am an Oscar addict. Every year I'm glued to the tv. I always know who I think should win and why and who I think will win. Percentage wise I didn't do too bad last year but worse than 2003.

Ridiculous item of the day: Here's one I couldn't pass up. A bus driver in Pennsylvania was caught on tape instructing her passengers (all children) to jump around, throw things and generally misbehave while the bus was moving. The reason: It was for her audition tape to be on Survivor. First of all, what kind of audition tape is that? What's that going to tell the producers? That she is irresponsible and not creative. Why doesn't she just make her audition tape in her front yard, like I did. Yes, I sent in an audition tape last year (I'm glad I never heard from them because I would have been terrible on the show. Either that or I would have been so vindictive and backstabbing that I would never have been able to show my face again). Here's to the bus driver lady who cares more about her reality show career than her charges.

Have a super week everyone.

love,

p

No comments: