Sunday, February 27, 2005

big night

It's finally Oscar night and I'm excited, as always. The Academy Awards is the only awards show that I am faithful to. I watch it every year. Inevitably, I'm disappointed by at least one major category, and this year won't be any different. I know I'll be disappointed and upset that Bening doesn't win Best Actress. Jim thinks I don't want Hilary Swank to win because I don't like her, that's not true. She already has one award and she is so young. I don't think her performance in Million Dollar Baby deserves a win, nor do I think she deserves another award so soon and at such a young age. Besides, Bening was so good in Being Julia. She truly was hysterical. And she played her age. That alone should seal the deal. Alas, I'm not an Academy member and I don't have voting power. I only have my voice.

Only a little more than an hour. Of course, I'll be watching the baba wawa special (sorry. I sure do miss Gilda Radner though). I wonder who she'll make cry. My money is on Jamie Foxx.

No comments: