Sunday, February 13, 2005

trying again

I tried to post last night but for some reason, whenever I went to hit publish, the computer kept saying "the page cannot be displayed." So I'm trying again.

We had the sweetheart ball last night (a ball for gay, lesbian and straight friends). Jim and I did not do the tux thing this year, instead we wore our new sport coats. Alas, no pics were taken. It was a big band, 1920's theme. It was a very stuffy atmosphere and there was not a good mix of ages. There was no dancing on top of a piano this year (ask me about that personally).

I'm raving about the new Pedro Almodovar film, Bad Education. It is very reminiscent of Hitchcock at his best. Almodovar, you may or may not know, is the director of Talk To Her (among other films) which, in my opinion, was THE BEST foreign language film of 2002. Almodovar twists and turns his characters in this film and, call me dim witted, but I did not guess the ending. It's a clever, crafty and timely film. Gael Garcia Bernal is terrific in the role and scores another homerun. It's definitely a must see and DON'T let the subtitles scare you away.

That's all for now, more later.....

p

No comments: